Sunday, September 11, 2016

VMware Horizon Client - New PC and Mobile App Available

And may I say...Finally!
VMware made available a Windows 10 PC and Mobile app for VMware Horizon Client!

This new app it's compatible with VMware Horizon 7 and here's the release notes highlights:
  • Leave the desktop behind with Horizon Hosted Applications: Use VMware Horizon 7 hosted applications, leave the desktop behind and run remote application with delight experience.
  • Enhanced user experience: The VMware Blast Extreme protocol used with Horizon 7 is designed and optimized for mobile users. Blast Extreme leverages H.264 hardware decoding to deliver the best remote experience while reducing power consumption.
  • Work smarter with continuum: Attach your Windows 10 phone to a monitor, mouse and keyboard through wired or wireless accessories to get complete workspace experience without productivity compromise.
Note that this app it's VMware Horizon 7 compatible only and it's still in beta.

If you want to take a look and give your own opinion download it on Windows Store:

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

MDT 2013 Update 2 - Bug When Changing Application Command Line?

So today I'll talk about something odd that happen just yesterday.
I've published a new application in MDT and added it to my task sequence (TS).

After that I've noticed that I had to change the msi file name so just went to DeploymentShare\Applications, changed the file name and also changed the install command-line in MDT to match the new file name.

Basically the changes was from a filename with spaces to a filename with "underscores".
After testing the TS, I've received a return code error (1639 - invalid command line argument).

Double-checked everything and after looking at ZTIApplications.log file I've found out something strange.
It seems the TS for some reason didn't assume my install command-line changes. And it was running the command without underscores and with spaces:

So...for my surprise, and to solve this issue, I had to go to my TS again, select the application and the browse for published applications and select that one (Cirrato Client) again.

This solve this issue that I don't remember to see in previous MDT versions.

Hope this helps people having the same same strange behavior! ;)