This article describes a workaround for Windows 10 users but, F5 has available a supported solution through an update for BIG-IP APM.
The update and F5 article (SOL16626) can be found here (https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/16000/600/sol16626.html) and basically you'll need to upgrade at least to version 11.5.3 or the latest version 11.6.0.
Now, for those that cannot update BIG-IP APM just yet, follow the steps below:
Installing F5 VPN Adapter Driver
- First, you'll need to download the latest "F5Network VPN Adapter Drivers" and extract files from urxvpn.cab.
- Now, open Device Manager and you'll notice that the F5 VPN Adapter has an yellow exclamation point.
- Right-click the device, select "Browse my computer for driver software" and then select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
- On the next window select "Network Adapter" and then click on "Have Disk..,"
- Now point to the uncompressed "urxvpn.inf" file and select the driver.
Here you're done and you'll notice that the F5 VPN Adapter it's no longe with the exclamation point.
Opening F5 corporate website
Now that you're drivers are installed, there's another issue with F5. When you try to open your F5 corporate website on different browsers, you'll the the following error message:
To bypass this message, follow this steps:
- Navigate to "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer"
- Now, run as administrator "iexplore.exe"
- Before opening any website, open Developer Tools (Tools -> F12 Developer Tools) or simple press F12
- Now, change the following settings:
- Document mode: 9
- User agent string: Internet Explorer 9
- Open your F5 corporate website and...you're done.
Hope this helps a lot of people that like me, had a lot of issues because centrally updating F5 is not an option this time.