By now, 99% of the world knows what Malware means and that’s WannaCry fault.
Also, you know that to prevent to get caught by this malware/virus you should install Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010 and obviously, be sure you’re antivirus is up-to-date.
Now, in some cases you may not be able to install KB4012212 (which is the hotfix for Windows 7 O.S), just getting a “Failed to Install” error.
In a deeper look, you’ll find that you cannot install the update because of error code (or exit code) with something like “Access Denied”.
This could happen even if your a member of a local administrators group.
After some investigation and finally with the help of Microsoft Support, the issue was solved!
So, follow this steps:
- Start –> Run –> dcomcnfg
- Expand Component Services –> Computers
- Right-click My Computer and than Properites
- Select Default Properties tab
- Now, make sure you’ve this configuration
- Restart your machine, cross fingers and try to install KB4012212 again