Monday, May 20, 2019

EUA & Google vs. Huawei - Why can this be good for a former Windows Phone user

The world gets stone cold while Google announces that will cut off business with Huawei.
No more official Android updates, no more Google Services.

While this looks a huge issue for a lot of people that bought any Huawei device, it’s ironic to think a little bit what this means to a former Windows Phone user that was pushed to migrate to a different mobile operating system.

Speaking of personal experience, I did not want to move to Android or iOS but the complete lack of apps and the death of Windows Phone made me choose. I’ve chosen Android and a Xiaomi Mi 9 and because my goal was to keep Microsoft’s ecosystem, I just disabled everything Google service I could.

Like me, a lot of former WP users that needed to change mobile device wanted the same and Android was notoriously easy to modify and have Microsoft services all over the phone.

So…flagship devices with a “forked” Android with no Google services? Seems like a good deal to me!

Chinese devices are implemented all over the world, in places with a huge population density like India.
Is Google prepared to a huge decrease of internet traffic from this countries?

Let’s see what happens then….

No comments:

Post a Comment