Friday, August 10, 2012

Microsoft Deployment Toolkit – Task Sequence Has Been Suspended Error

This one made me go crazy! Smile

So, today I went to my MDT because I needed to generate a new base image.
Power on machine; F12 to network boot; select Generate x86 image; Windows PE boot and…the error shown bellow:

After some search the root cause and solution where really easy.

Root Cause
I’ve previously generated another base image on this same machine, but…after the wim was saved to \\mdtserver\deploymentshare$\captures I didn’t click the Finish button. Instead, I just turned the machine off. Well…the root cause was exactly that! Smile


Solution
This one it’s really really easy!
When you get the error above, press F8 to get the command prompt.
Now at the command prompt, type the following commands:

.: Diskpart
.: select disk 0
.: clean
.: exit

Now, reboot the machine and you are able again to generate images! Smile

 

Hope this helps anyone with the same issues

No comments:

Post a Comment