Friday, August 31, 2012

Windows 8 Introduction and Tips Series Annoucement

Starting the new road…

So I’ve finally had some time and installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview on my home machine.
And…well, although I’ve installed some very early version of this new Microsoft’s O.S. I never tried it on a really deep way.

So, after installing it (which is very simple by the way…) there are no major differences for a user when comparing the setup process with Windows 7, just if you get a little advanced or custom setup, you’ll get some more information to fill in.

I was interested in the the new login system (using a Windows Live account) and it’s really really nice to use it.
All your preferences are saved so you can login in another Windows 8 machine and all your experience can be the same including favorites, lock screen, background, etc.

After the first login…well…after the first login some “user interface” problems started.
Years and years of a Start Button can really mess your head in Windows 8.
The UI it’s completely different from what everyone it’s used about so you’ll need to get around the system a couple of hours to get used to it.
Just to give you an idea, I had to Google to know how to shutdown/restart the system!

I really don’t know if Microsoft shouldn’t think about to include a feature on the O.S. to allow the return of the Start Button…

Because I add some first issues I’ve decided to create a new Tips Series to help people like me that are starting to use this new O.S.

Hope to help someone to get working smooth and fast in Windows 8! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment