Here’s a tip to remove the “infamous” IE Maintenance gpo settings if you don’t have any way to get your hands on a Windows XP machine or simply wanna do it the “geek way” using Windows 2012 R2.
Follow these steps:
- Open GPMC
- Select your GPO
- Now, on the right-side pane select Details tab
- Copy, or take note, of the Unique ID
- Close GPMC
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers console
- Make sure Advanced Features is turned on (View > Advanced Features)
- Navigate to System | Polices
- On the right-side pane, find the Unique ID you took note
- Right-click on it and select Properties
- Now, select Attribute Editor tab and scroll-down to gPCUserExtensionNames attribute and click Edit
- In the dialog box find the following string and delete it (for proper editing copy/paste the entire string from the dialog box to notepad, delete what you need and copy/paste again to the dialog box)
- Click OK and…you’re done!